We are seeking trustworthy candidates who work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy. Accountants can expect to work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. You should have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer and verbal and written communication skills.To ensure success, Accountants should be prompt, honest detail-oriented, professional, and analytical. Top candidates will have excellent presentation skills with the ability to successfully communicate complex quantitative data to decision-makers.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
Accountant Duties and Responsibilities: